Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold strikes again!


WEB and I both battled a cold 2 or so months ago, and now we're going to have to do it again. Yesterday I woke up with a little bit of a scratchy throat and a stuffy head, while WEB woke up with a cough. Today it has progressed to a more frequent/productive cough and a runny nose. As if having a cold wasn't enough to deal with, I did something to my shoulder and he cut 2 more teeth in the last day or two. He's 8 months old with 6 teeth now. I can barely keep up!

I wasn't too concerned about WEB's cough because it was pretty infrequent, but as the day drew on yesterday, the coughing became more frequent. I put a call in to his Dr. and talked to the nurse. I was basically told to keep doing what I'm doing, as usual. Use the humidifier when he's sleeping - so I just turn it on when he naps, too. Make sure he's getting plenty of bottles and maybe an ounce or two of water in between feedings. He can have some Tylenol as needed, but I try not to dose him up too much. And that's about it. No cold medicines or antibiotics until he's over a year old. I'm not pushing for them, but some cough medicine would sure help us all sleep...

Uh oh, now I'm coughing...

Hubby got up with WEB around 6am and brought him in our bed. WEB stayed awake poking Hubby and I while we tried to catch just one more wink. Then when Hubby had to get up to get ready for work, WEB and I stayed in bed watching the morning news. He was awfully still for a while and I peeked over to see that he's just zoning out watching tv. Next thing I know he's sleeping! He never passes out in our bed like that. Poor guy must feel really crummy.

It's going to be a trying day. It usually is when he doesn't feel good, but it makes it that much more trying when I don't feel good either. We both get pretty whiny, which I'm sure is Hubby's favorite thing to hear when he comes home... When am I supposed to finish our Christmas shopping? We didn't get our tree this weekend either, and it poured buckets of rain yesterday, so who knows when we'll get it now since the forecast says its supposed to rain some more this weekend... We did put some of our Christmas decorations up, though. I feel somewhat festive. Hubby hung giant ball ornaments outside our house, so now we just need to add some lights out there so they sparkle at night. I guess I'm going to have to get used to my whole house getting sick all at once. Kids are just natural germ spreaders...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios