Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting your groove back...

Yes, I'm talking about sex. I know it's this taboo thing that people tread lightly about, but I feel like it's something that sometimes we should. I wish someone would've told me just an inkling of what to expect postpartum, so here you go.

While I was pregnant, I was one of those women that lost her groove - if you know what I mean...somewhere between being 7 and 8 months pregnant and carrying around 30 extra pounds I just wasn't feeling that sexy. It didn't help that by then my Hubby was worried about there being a live human being in my belly, and his head was awfully close to the goods.

So then the baby came, and so did lots of pain and discomfort for me. Once the pain and bleeding started to subside, I got a yeast infection. The hospital nurses just tell you to use pads and witch hazel pads, but they don't tell you for how long... and even though I kept things as fresh as possible down there, it still happened. So after 7 days of some invasive creams, that went away. Then! my body decided to overproduce bacteria down there. So after a Dr. visit I got another dose of a 7 day antibiotic. Needless to say, things have been less than kosher below my belt.


Now that the discomfort is gone and the creams have done their job, we have a battle between the horny and tired. WEB goes down for the night around 9 or 10pm, Hubby and I stay up for an hour or two after he goes down, but half the time we fall asleep on the sofa and drag our bodies to bed. If we don't fall asleep on the sofa, then the second our heads hit the pillow, one or both of us passes out. We both want to get busy but this tiredness is kicking our butts, and our sex life.

Yes, it has only been 16 weeks postpartum, and I've only been cleared by the Dr. to get busy for 10 of those. And have probably only been really up and running for maybe 6 of those 10 weeks, but it's still a little frustrating and disheartening. I know that I wasn't the best lover while I was pregnant since I was swollen, crampy, itchy, and uncomfortable, so when I'm trying to make up for it now, we fall asleep. We are obviously going to keep on trying and we will get our groove back ... eventually. It's just a more drastic change than either of us would've anticipated from our sex life pre-baby and while we were trying to conceive. Not to mention the focus of our lives now revolves around this adorable little collaboration of the two of us, which is pretty exhausting at times. It's ironic that the one thing that "got us into this mess" in the first place, is the thing we're trying to get back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios