Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Total Destruction

It’s that time…you know…to take down all the beautiful decorations.  But you know it looks REALLY ugly before it can look better again!!  Here’s a glimpse of how mine went last week.  First I brought all the Christmas bins up, plus the 2 more I bought this year.  PHEW!  It’s hard work I tell ya!
DSC_1348
Then I had to go and get one of these…because the mess was too much to bear all at once.  I am having a heart attack just looking at these pictures again….but this little baby definitely helped in the cleanup process.
DSC_1350
Ahhhhh skinny peppermint mocha….not only are you delicious and not too harmful on my waistline…but you make cleaning up that much more fun!  Ok…So after about an hour…my living room started looking like this:
DSC_1351
Sort of…better?  In some cases worse, because I decided to get all super anal and started RE-organizing all the bins by colors.  Then stuff was scattered everywhere and I couldn’t walk and I almost gave up.  But in the end…I got the room back in fairly decent condition:
DSC_1353
I said “Fairly Decent” y’all…not “clean”…that will come soon!  As soon as that tree goes downstairs (tonight! Yay!!) then the toy organizing and buffet organizing and painting and all that other stuff that’s on my to-do list for 2012 will begin.  But for now…lets gaze longingly at my super organized buckets-o’-Christmas décor!
DSC_1352
Oooooooohhhhh Yeeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!!  Everything is labeled, tidy, and super duper accessible! The only other thing I would do is to get matching bins…but that might be going a bit too far this year!  So even before the New Year began…I got my organize on.  I can’t wait until later in the week when I get to show you what other craziness I’ve been up to before 2012 even began!!!  Have you guys gotten a jumpstart on any of your resolutions for this year?  We’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios