Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick and Easy: Thanksgiving tablescape


After looking at my sad little tablecloth that shrunk a size, my plain old white dishes, and my little red napkins that never seem to go....I decided that my Thanksgiving table needed a quick pick-me-up.  I saw this AMAZING theme on Hostess with the Mostess and fell in love.  If I had more time I would have done it up even further...but again....this is titled quick and easy.

I first went to Joanns and found some cheap and highly fabulous fabric.  The gray was $4.00 on sale and the orange was $3 on clearance.  2 yards of each and I have some 70" table runners with fabric leftover for other projects!  Hooray!  Hmmm...sorry for the wrinkle in the pic.  I just used a bit of Stitch Witchery to "hem" the edges (the stuff is quick, easy, cheap, and genius), and voila! Instant table runners!


I placed my fantabulous glittered pumpkins (you can see here) on a white cake stand for some height, then surrounded it with an existing faux leaf garland.  The gourds are back from when we went pumpkin picking around Halloween (still fresh!). 

I then hung some leaves from the backyard that Hunter picked while playing one day from the chandelier. I tried to do it in "falling leaves" style.  Despite the ugliness of the the brass chandy...I think it looks pretty cute!



So that's my quickie Thanksgiving table...and I feel it will look quite fabulous with my little white plates!  It's new, it's fresh, and practically free!  Total cost?  $14 for fabric!  Not bad in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios