Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Glory of DAD!

A couple days ago, I was feeding Will his dinner when Hubby came home from work. Will was leaning out of his high chair trying to catch the first glimpse of Dad because he knows around what time it is and recognizes the sound of the keys in the front door. The second he saw his dear old Dad, it began out of nowhere "Dad! Daddaddaddad!dadadadadadad dad dad! dad...". Hubby and I both looked at each other in awe! Will has said Dad before but it has been few and far between. He says "Momma" clear as day but it's usually accompanied by a cry and a wimper because he's tired, mad, sad, hungry, etc...

He was saying Dad out of excitement. This was totally new! It's like he recited that 2 + 2 = 4. That's how excited we were!

Well, now Daddaddaddaddaddad is an everday occurance. Even when Dad isn't around, Will still talks about Daddaddadddaddaddaddaddadadada non-stop. In the backseat, eating lunch, out for a walk...we talk about Daddadadadadadaddadadad. I suppose this is how Hubby felt when momma first broke out onto the scene...and maybe I was a bit of a poor sport twirling around the kitchen talking about how GLORIOUS mom was...

My favorite (and Hubby's fav too) is when Hubby and Will are alone playing and Will looks up at Dad and give him a single "Dad". Like aw...that's my dad. Dad! I know him! When Will's in the backseat jabbering away, the Daddaddad starts out at almost a whisper like he's testing it out to make sure he's got it right, and then the volume progressively gets louder, and Louder, and LOUDER.

It is weird that he can say a few things now like Momma, Dad, and ba-ba. The ba-ba still throws me off because I'm used to his jabbers, I'm not used to him telling me what he wants - like a ba-ba. Maybe I would get it if he just said "Hey lady! Can I get a bottle ova herrrrrre?!". No, I don't know why my son talks with a Jersey accent in my head, it just happens. But the second I finally get that he's saying "ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" and go get him a bottle, he gives me the look of "YES! That's what I've been asking for! Thank God!". I wonder if Mickey will be his next word...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios